Friday, March 13, 2009

It's a girl... no, a boy...

We are having a BOY! We went to see my new doctor last week. Since it was the first time I had seen her, she did a quick ultrasound in her office. She looked and went back and forth on if it was a boy or a girl. In the end, she said she was pretty sure it was a girl. We were so excited! Both Zach and I had been hoping it would be a girl. We went home and started telling our family and a few friends. Well then I had my fetal well-being ultrasound done yesterday and surprise! It's not a girl, it's a boy. The ultrasound tech said you can never be 100% sure about the sex but she is 99.9% sure it is a boy and the doctor later agreed. Luckily we hadn't bought any girl things so now we are just trying to switch gears in our heads. We do have one major dilemma though. We had a whole list of girl names we loved, but can't think of one single boy name that we love. If you have any ideas, we are totally up for suggestions!

11 comments:

Crowntown said...

Yeah! A Boy will be fun!! I'm so excited for you! I have lots of boy names I love but my favorite right now is Vance.
Hey Mark and I are going to San Fransisco in a couple week, have any suggestions on where to go?

Willie, Bethany, Paul and Claire Zenk said...

What a story! Hopefully it stays a boy now and doesn't switch on you again ;) I'm really excited for you. I figured we both had to have the same thing since our pregnancy's have been so similar:)Good luck picking names. We love you guys.

The Reimers Family said...

That is so lucky that you didn't buy anything yet! Boy names are so much harder than girl names! I've always wanted an Andrew, but Jake nixed that one so you can have it if you want:)

Connor and Jana said...

Congrats!! That is exciting. You will learn that when you have names picked out for one sex, it will always end up being the opposite sex. That is why we have only girls so far, because we have a boy name picked out already. That little boy will be cute and he is lucky to come to great parents. I hope you are feeling better. How was the new dr.?

NatMo said...

Yay, BOYS!!! I am soooo excited for you! I CANNOT wait for you to have him! I hope I get a chance to see him while he's a newborn. I wish I could see you NOW! I miss you. How do you like your new Doc?

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you!

Marie said...

I heard about Quincy Hintze. I think you should go with that! :)

Vince and Katie Morgan said...

Kyle Hintze. Enough said

Stephanie said...

Its a year for boys it seems!! I wanted a little girl so bad but now that my little guy is here I would have a house full of them if they could all be just like im. Congrats

Traci said...

Good luck with boy names. I have a huge list, but none of them passed the test. I liked jackson, kyler, kyson, skyler, cameron, & bryce but I am sure you will find something good. Boys are hard to name, but youll do great! Hope you get better with sickness problems. It will be worth it in a few months!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Hey guys,
(This is Zach's cousin Dan's wife Pam)

Congrats on finding out your are getting a little guy. We were hoping for/half expecting a little boy, so when we just found out we are having a girl the idea has taken some getting used to. But we are super excited. I hope you guys are doing well, and that you little guy is growing well.
Pam