Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Graham!




Our beautiful new baby boy is here! We went in for our routine checkup with 2 weeks to go until my due date. My blood pressure was suddenly up. The doctor said she would be right back and we would talk about what to do. I thought she would say I needed to be on bed rest and we'd check again in a couple days or something like that. But when she came back she said "how do you feel about having this baby tonight?" We were totally shocked! I was definitely okay with having him right then because I was soooo ready to not be pregnant! But we were still pretty shocked and a little nervous. We went home to pack a bag and then went back to the hospital. After being at the hospital for 9 hours and 3 doses of Cytotec, I still wasn't progressing quickly. They broke my water and oh boy! The contractions came fast and hard! I got an epidural (which wasn't fun to get but I LOVED having it afterward) and had a lovely nap until the next morning when they said I was complete and ready to push. After the first few pushes the nurse was so excited and said this was going to be a quick 20-30 min delivery. Well... 2 and 1/2 hours later he was still stuck! The doctor sat at the edge of my bed for 45 min saying ''Oh this next push is the one!" Wow, it was so hard, but he finally came on July 16th at 3:19 pm. We named him Graham Shelton Hintze and he weighed 7 pounds 4 ounces and was 22 inches long. Words can't even express how much I love this little baby!! He is perfect and so sweet! Unfortunately he was jaundiced so we had to keep him under the bili-lights for about 3 days but all is well now. He is such a good baby! He rarely cries and he sleeps and eats well. Zach and I could never have imagined how much we would love him! Here are some pictures of Graham's first week:



His poor little head was horribly swollen and misshapen from being stuck for so long. Luckily it is nice and round now:)


Graham LOVES his car seat!


Graham under the bili-lights. He was so good and didn't mind being in there at all.



11 comments:

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

your baby is so cute! I am happy that you had him and I am happy that everything is ok. Sorry I missed your baby shower it was on my birthday I hope it was fun and I would love to see you soon.

Marie said...

He's so gorgeous!!! And you guys are such a cute family! I'm so glad that you are a mommy now, you are going to be an amazing one! Love you!

Helena said...

WOW! SO beautiful!!! Congratulations :) You guys did a great job :)

Helena said...

~Helena :)

Crowntown said...

That is one cute baby! I can't wait to meet him in person! He and Brooklyn share a birthday! Hope you are feeling well and if you need anything don't hesitate to call.

Dave and Hejdi Swan said...

Yay Steph!! You did it, and I can't express I jealous I am :) I'm thinking that I will probably go late, so no two weeks before for me!...Ah well... But I can't wait for her to come, and for us to have these little friends. He is stinking adorable and I can't wait to meet him!

Dan, Pam and Family said...

Congratulations!!
He is adorable! I'm so-oo jealous, I've got a month left and am very ready to have our little one on the outside.
I'm glad you both pulled through safely, and hope your are healing well.
:-)
Pam

Mamma Morgan said...

What a handsome little guy! I can see now why Grandma Jeri is so excited. I can't wait til school starts again to hear all about him. Congratulations.

The Reimers Family said...

He is so beautiful! I didn't know that the bili bed is just a suit case?. I'm glad all is going well for you!

Stephanie said...

Graham is so cute!! Glad that you are doing well i cant wait to see more of him they change so much so fast

NatMo said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! Congratulations you two!!! He is so sweet...I hope I can meet him in person soon...