I love the Olympics. Seriously love the Olympics. While they are going on I have the TV on non-stop no matter what events are playing. (And really, I'm not that into watching sports so, go figure). This year Zach and I wanted to throw an opening ceremony party. Then we realized he would be out of town for work. At the last minute I decided to do it without him and called up my family. Luckily I have a nerdy FUN family like me so they were all for it.
My Team USA decor
Our menu was themed 'Team USA' as well with fried chicken, potato salad, corn bread, and watermelon, and apple pie for dessert.
I really made my family get into it by painting our faces! (I know, we are nerdy FUN!)
Robert made me promise this picture wouldn't end up on facebook. Nope! Just the blog Rob. :)
My mom had the idea that we should all make our own family flag. Here is ours. All the things we love: the temple, Jesus Christ, Disney, a tractor (for Graham), electronics (for Zach), decorating (for me), smiling (for Campbell), and being together as a family.
(Notice Campbell wouldn't allow her face to be painted so we painted her foot.)
Jessica and Zach's flag. Fancy!
Grandpa's flag we made for him. (and no, that's not an L. It's a Z! )
Shelton flag, made by Melinda.
Go USA!
No comments:
Post a Comment