Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Can I please vent?
Our lives have been in a horrible and boring rut lately. I am 13 weeks along and have been so so sick this whole time. I spend everyday in bed. I have only been to work a few times in the past 2 months. I know those of you I talk to a lot are probably sick of hearing me complain, but I'm going to use this as another opportunity to express my frustrations. Do you know how depressing it is to spend everyday in bed?? The thing is, I don't even want to try to get up and out because I feel so crappy. I just can't keep anything down. I've tried everything and still have no relief from this sickness. I have been to the doctor twice now. The last time we went we got to hear the heartbeat which was so cool! It's a good reminder that this suffering actually is for a good reason. My doctor is a very nice man, but is another source of my frustration. He told me I need to stop losing weight, gain a few pounds by the next time I see him and said I am dehydrated and need more fluid. Well duh! I know this! Believe me, I eat and eat and drink but nothing stays in me. The medication I have been taking hasn't helped my nausea but he has no suggestions or helpful advice for me. Today I decided to switch doctors. I just think I would prefer an OB doctor instead of just a family doctor (which is what he is). When I told the new office that I was switching they acted strange and said they would call me back. ?? Is this some sort of "no-no" I don't know about? I'm still awaiting the call and hope I'll be able to switch. Well, thank you for any of you who actually read all my whining. I'm going to try and be more positive...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Whatever, you are pregnant, complain all that you want!! I am sick for 75% of my pregnancies and it stinks big time!! I tried a couple of different nausea meds, but Zofran works the best. It's what they give cancer patients for nausea. You should be able to switch to an OB without a problem, I know women have don it before, it's not an outlandish thing. I'm sorry you are sick...this too shall pass! You're already a good mommy to go through this miserable time for your sweet baby. Hang in there!
I am sorry you are not feeling good! I hope things get better!
ps do you know when TeAnna gets home?
Oh honey... you can switch doctors if you want to... don't even wait for them to call you back! Get a right now and your new doctor will call the office and get your records. And about gaining weight... they told me the SAME THING and don't worry about that either. The weight will come. I don't think it's that big of deal because after I switched doctors, to a good one, she told me that they just use the weight as a gage of "how things are going" Like if you're getting close and start gaining like crazy and have high blood pressure then they can watch for preclampsia or something. Don't worry about your weight... get a new doctor and don't feel bad about staying in bed!
Hey Steph-
I'm sorry you feel so crappy. Have you tried any natural/alternative methods. I bet you could get some good advice from Dave at Daves Health and Nutrition in Salt Lake. I believe the number is 483-9024. Good luck!
Shellie
Sorry you're sick! If you every want company I don't work on Mondays or Tuesdays so Brooklyn and I could come visit and watch movies or something. That's weird that they said they would have to call you back about switching doctors but maaybe his pt load is full right now or something. Try one of the OB/GYN's at LDS. I hope you feel better soon!
I was very sick for the first 4 months and was extremely dehydrated too which actually made the sickness worse. If you can get a big thing of pedialyte and sip on it throughout the day. even if you can keep a little bit of it down it will definately help alot. Once you can get hydrated it will help ease the sickness quite a bit. Not all the way but its a major improvement. Hope you find something that helps because it is miserable but it will pass. Dont get to down on yourself for not gaining weight I didnt gain a thing until 4 months and then it piled on once I stopped feeling sick. You will get there!!!
I was sick until I hit 17 weeks as well. I wouldn't stress out about not gaining weight... it's likely that your new doctor will mention it or ask you about it, but just try your best. You can only do what your body will let you. I was able to keep popsicles down pretty well, but everyone is different... I tried preggie pops as well--they seemed to help a little when I HAD to be up (I was a full-time student at the time). You'll get through this even if it feels like you're going to die (or that you want to...). Just hang in there one day at a time.
~Helena
Steph- You have all the right in the world to switch doctors. Find one that fits with you well and things are much better. I hope you are feeling better, it stinks to not feel well, hopefully it will soon lighten up a little. I am so excited for you.
Post a Comment