First of all....
ZACH GRADUATED!!!! Hooray! Hallelujah! Yipee!! Yahoo!!!
We are so so excited and already loving the extra time together. He also got his first REAL job:) He is working for a company called Quomation (they sell software to insurance companies) and he is doing splendidly.
To celebrate I made Zach a cake. I do not profess to be a cake artist like my talented family members and friends, in fact, this is the first cake I have ever made that I didn't just frost in the pan. Well, I thought I would be festive and dye the cake batter purple (for Weber State's colors) and it didn't turn out so swell. Not to mention I didn't have round pans I just tried to carve it myself and on top of that I made the frosting too runny and ran out powdered sugar to thicken it back up. Oh well, at least we had a good laugh. (And I did have fun, I think this is something I would like to learn.)
Don't judge.
The other man in my life is hitting mile stones as well. Graham is now 9 months old, I can't believe it. At his nine month appointment he was just over 30 inches long - the 97th percentile and weighed in just over 21 pounds - the 76th percentile. He is such a busy body these days. He isn't crawling but LOVES to hold our hands and walk all around the house and stand by the furniture. His favorite toys right now are his dresser drawers, the vacuum, the box fan, and the TV stand.
A few weeks ago we spent the day with Zach's family and watched his brother Micah do some biking. He competes in professional competitions and it is fun to see his tricks. Or as the cool kids say... it was sick. (Am I using it correctly Zach? :)
Now rewind to Easter. It was a blast. My sister Marie and her family were here and our entire family stayed at my mom and dad's for the weekend. It was perfect.
Graham seemed to enjoy his first Easter.
6 comments:
He is so cute. Such a great smile. We need to get all the little men together sometime. :)
Yaaaaay for graduting! I can't believe how big Marie's kids are. Wow we are so much older. Not like we're old geezers but geez we were young when her oldest was born! Good job on the cake you little Martha Stewart! I am loving the purple insides. Fab.
Congrats on graduating Zach! That's so exciting! Graham continues to get cuter and cuter and is such a good mix of the two of you. It's easier to see features from both of you as he gets bigger.
Woo hoo!! That's got to be a great feeling that he's all done AND has a good job! And I think the cake looks great :) Graham is such a little stud with a super cute smile!
LOVE the cake!
Post a Comment