Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

We had a GREAT memorial day weekend! At first we were bummed because I was scheduled to work Saturday AND Sunday night so that meant we wouldn't be able to do much and I would be sleeping during the day. BUT I got called off on Saturday night and then on Sunday night I floated to the oncology floor. They didn't have enough patients for all the nurses and since I was the 'visitor' I got sent home at midnight. So... this will make for a pretty small paycheck but at least I was able to have an awesome weekend with my family :)

We decided we need to start getting out more. And now that Graham is getting older he gets to come along. We kicked off the long weekend by going bowling. We thought Graham would love watching us, but he whined the whole time! This is probably one of the very few pictures I have of Graham where he is not happy. Both Zach and I did bowl pretty superb games despite our long absence from the sport. However, my game was MORE superb :)

The next night we went to the park and went to a fun little place by our house were there are tons of birds to feed. Graham is becoming fascinated with watching animals lately.



On Memorial Day we woke up and went to Wheeler Farm. I didn't realize what an awesome place that is. It is beautiful, there are huge open spaces, lots of ponds and picnic tables, cool old buildings, and lots of farm animals to look at. And the best part is, IT'S FREE! ( Do I sound like an advertisement? Well I'll happily advertise cause that place is great. I highly recommend it! )






After Wheeler Farm we drove to Provo and had a BBQ with Zach's family. ( I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of that! ) It was delicious! Especially the dutch oven pineapple upside down cake. YUM. ( Thanks Kali and Mona! ) Perfect end to a perfect weekend.

4 comments:

Marie said...

I forgot all about Wheeler Farm. We should go next time we are visiting! So glad you had a great weekend! Ours was a lot of fun too!

Crowntown said...

I love the picture of Graham with Zach. So cute! Next time instead of going to Wheeler Farm separately, we should go together!

Nina said...

Oh my gosh, he is so cute Steph! I love his little front teeth, adorable!

NatMo said...

What a fun weekend! What a cute little boy! I am so glad you got to spend time with your boys.