Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vandals, Voting, and VVVery Cute Pumpkins!

So the other day Zach and I went on a little hike/jog through the canyon that's just next to the state capitol. We parked across the street and got a good workout while enjoying the fall colors. We got back to the car and the drivers window of our car was shattered and our GPS was stolen. How rude!! We couldn't believe it. We had parked on a busy street in the middle of the day! Luckily whoever did it did a smash and grab job. If they had taken time to look they would have found my purse, Zach's wallet, both our cell phones and an ipod. We were so glad that it was only the GPS we lost and not everything else. We had to buy a new window and are now back to using our brains to get around instead of our GPS. But we have definitely learned our lesson- we'll never leave things in the car again!
Today we went and voted. We had to stand in line for an hour (which we thought wouldn't happen since we were voting early) but our civic duty is done. Afterward we bought pumpkins and carved them. Below is a display of our amazing carving talents :)




4 comments:

Paul and Aubrey Young said...

I am so sorry about your car :( I hate when people do things like that, I am happy that nothing else was taken and that you guys are safe!!

Anna said...

AWe, what a bummer. I hate people who do that. I think they are going to feel sooooo bad in the afterlife.

Fun pumpkins too!!!

Em said...

Wow that blows about the GPS. However, on a better note, your pumpkin carving skills could make you some money! Sorry Zach but Steph definately wins.

The Reimers Family said...

That happened to Jake's car in Dallas, we were really steamed, but at least you have darling pumpkins!