Sunday, July 8, 2012

DIY 5 - Mini Kitchen Update

We recently did a little kitchen update. We added a backsplash and hardware. I took a while doing this because I wasn't sure what type of blacksplash I wanted to do. I ended up going with a plain white subway tile. Classic, won't go out of style, and goes with anything, even if/when we change our counters. 

Here are the before shots:




And the after shots:









I'm happy with how they turned out. They black splash was a half DIY. We hired someone to make all the cuts and put the tile up and then the next day we grouted and caulked it all ourselves. 

Also, I changed up the empty area next to our fridge. Here is what it used to look like:


And this is how it looks now. It's not very pretty yet. I have some different organizers in mind and I need to ditch the orchid ( I am way too impatient to keep it until it blooms again!)


Also, I got this picture a long time ago but never blogged about it. I put it in the kitchen and I LOVE it. I first tried doing a DIY project I saw on Pinterest about how to blow up huge black and white prints for about 7 bucks. But the picture looked terrible. Cheap and pixely. This is definitely more expensive but much better. :)



My future plans for the kitchen include: beautifying the desk area, changing out the pendant lights and the light above the kitchen table, different barstools, and some upholstered chairs for the ends of the  kitchen table. 




1 comment:

Declan & Jen said...

Looks Great! Love all the projects you've done!