Friday, July 13, 2012

DIY 6 - Master Closet Spice Up

One of my favorite features about our house is the closet sizes. Each room has a great walk in closet. The master closet is especially large. I think it is literally the size of Graham's bedroom in our last apartment. I've been dreaming of spicing it up ever since we moved in. 

Here's how it looked before:

White, messy, boring. 


And here is how it looks now:

I stenciled the back wall, painted my dresser in a fun teal color and added hardware. I couldn't get a shot that showed the true color of the dresser. Here is a swatch of the color:

For the hardware, I fell in love with these pulls from Anthropologie about a year ago. My original thought was to do the whole dresser with these. But at $8 a pull that really added up. So I decided to just buy two and do some great and less expensive handles for the rest. Here is a close up of the handles from Anthropologie: 


What's cool about them that I didn't realize from the online picture is that each one is slightly different.
I also added some simple hooks on the walls for hanging necklaces.






 I love having color and pattern in there. My other plans for this room include painting Zach's dresser gray and adding chunky manly looking pulls, getting a cool light fixture, adding a large mirror, getting replacement shoe storage- not diggin the laundry baskets we use :) ,  and possibly adding a window treatment.

1 comment:

Dwynne said...

Thats gorgeous! What great ideas you have!